Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Tutu, as in Desmond.

Self Portrait at Outpost

I finally met the African Grey Parrot today! His name is Tutu. He has lovely misty grey plumage that is white-tipped, and a fiery red tail. I have not known many birds, and I don't know their body language, so when Tutu, perched on Ruth's hand, darted his head toward her mouth with sharp beak open at lightning speed, my immediate thought was OHMYGOD HE'S GOING TO BITE OUT HER TONGUE AND EAT IT. But dear Tutu did not have anyone's tongue for breakfast. He was just giving Ruth a kiss, which he does by gently (but quickly) nipping her teeth with his (BIG SHARP) beak. It's sweet. But had Tutu done that to me, I'm pretty darn sure I would have crapped my pants on the spot. I have a lot to learn about Bird Affection.

Another great day of editing with Dan here at Outpost. We have finished rotoscoping and masking all of the scenes in Antimatter Twin, and are rendering the footage overnight tonight. We started working on some smart looking titles for the video after spending an enjoyable hour in the afternoon watching the opening credits of many films on Art of the Title--what a great website! (Boy are the opening credits to the film ALIEN totally awesome.)

Another nice walk through the neighborhood.. and oh my god, I totally saw a UFO!!!


(Alright, alright. It's just a street lamp.)

No comments:

Post a Comment