Monday, September 27, 2010

Visions in the Nunnery opens October 1

Still from Determining the Speed of Light
by Julia Oldham and Eric Corwin

If you happen to be in London this October, please swing by Visions in the Nunnery, a video exhibition at the Nunnery Gallery at the Bow Arts Trust. My video Determining the Speed of Light will be one of the pieces on display.

Special events:
  • Opening Reception: Friday, 1st October, 6-9:30 PM.
  • Critical Forum: Moving Mountains – do moving image practices change the world? Sunday 3rd October 2-4pm
  • Late night opening: Thursday, 7th October, 7-9pm
  • Place Memory II: Saturday 9th October 2-5pm. Curated by Louisa Fairclough including work by Tacita Dean, Susan Collins and Jayne Parker.
  • Live Performance Event Saturday, 16th October, 6.30-10.30pm. With special guest Franko B.
Exhibition open Friday – Sunday from 1pm to 5pm
Exhibition and event entry is free
.

The Nunnery
181 Bow Rd
London, E3 2SJ
(nearest tube Bow Road, nearest DLR Bow Church)
www.bowarts.org
020 8709 5292

3 comments:

  1. Visions in the Nunnery: Touching. I'm Cole's biological father, and I saw your photo on Laree's wall. You do beautiful work. I wish I were local so I could attent. Keep up the inspiration. I'm not sure how to fill in the Comment as selection so I'll send it anonymous.
    My name is Dayton Corbin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for your nice note! I got to know Laree and Cole when I was doing a residency at Bernheim Arboretum in April and May--what a splendid time that was.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope your video is well received. The Reynolds video has many quotes I recognize from other sources ranging from Muybridge to Gerhardt Richter's version of Duchamp's "Nude Descending a Staircase". This clip was indeed mesmorizing.

    ReplyDelete