Thursday, June 3, 2010

Back in the swing of things.

What a glorious/busy first week back in New York! My heart feels 7 times its normal size being back here in the hazy, hot city, surrounded by friends and buzzing activity and art. Oh, home sweet home!

It feels so strange that just 4 short days ago I was saying goodbye to my little cabin in the woods at Bernheim, bidding Sami the Mouse adieu, and unknowingly bringing a whole pack of ticks back with me in strange places. I came back with such sweet memories of Kentucky, and I'm so glad that I'll be going back for a week in late August.

Here in NY, Eric and I installed Determining the Speed of Light along with a drawing and our Fizeau apparatus at Flux Factory, and I'm very happy with how it all turned out. Please swing by this weekend or next and check out The Science Fair from 12-6 at Flux Factory, 39-31 29th Street, Long Island City. I will be there and would love to see you.

I also met with some lovely curators from Ignite Licensing who will be putting together a group show called "T Minus 20" at Christopher Henry Gallery in Soho in July. Some of my video work will be included in a pretty feisty-sounding screening upstairs--more info to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment