Sunday, May 23, 2010

Sami's Letter.

If you have been following my adventures here at Bernheim Arboretum in Kentucky, where I have been Artist in Residence for the past two months, you will know that I have a charming little roommate named Sami. She is a brown mouse who lives in the top right drawer of my desk. We've had some misunderstandings and I've trespassed into her bedroom a couple times, which she doesn't appreciate. But overall, we've been great roommates, and I'm going to miss her twitchy little nose, her scampering feet, and her dashes across the floor at dusk.

Now, I know this is surprising, but Sami received a letter in the mail! It is written in Mausese, so I unfortunately can't read it. And Mausese is such an unusual language that I'm sure most of you won't be able to read it either (it's incredible to me that the individual who wrote this seems to be able to write in both English and Mausese!)--so I don't feel too bad about posting this picture of Sami's personal mail:


Here's a detail of the Mausese language (as you can see, it helps to have tiny claws to write this delicate script):


I delivered the letter to Sami's bedroom, and snapped this picture while I was at it (she got a little mad at me, particularly since she hadn't made her bed):


And by the way, in case you are wondering: YES, I'm pretty sure this parcel is from the same individual that sent THIS.

2 comments:

  1. How sweet! I love the mouse-script!! A friend once sent me a dried flounder head from Alaska. How that managed through the regular mail is a mystery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, Albertus! That's pretty gross! (Although not nearly as gross as putrefied bologna, which I would definitely NOT like to get in the mail.) :)

    ReplyDelete