Thursday, May 6, 2010

A little experiment, a bigass wasp, and the E-ri-e Canal.




I shot a simple little video today. I'm hooked up to a snarl of copper wire via a whole bunch of other wires coming out of my mouth, and I'm cranking a little device. I'm twisting my body around which is changing what the device is emitting. There isn't a huge narrative arc, but I like it.

Also, today a European Hornet came into my cabin. I had never seen of those guys up close before. It was colossal--a solid inch and a half long and a low, rumbling buzz like a carpenter bee. I decided to ask for help removing this creature from my abode, because to be honest, that thang nearly made me pee my pants. Harold the Lovable Ranger came over and graciously helped me remove it and a yellowjacket (who had snuck in as well!) He was so nice about it, and didn't even make me feel (even more like) a huge weenie for asking.

As if I didn't need something else embarrassing to happen, I got caught singin' at the top of my lungs by a passer by. My cabin window was open, and I was belting out a dirty sailor song (taught to me by my Pops when I was little) with abandon when a straying visitor walked right by the window. Well, it could have been worse. I could have been singing dirty sailor songs in my underwear, like I usually do.

No comments:

Post a Comment