Tuesday, April 13, 2010

A sucker for a sweet ride.

This is my favorite bench. And just behind that Redbud is Mama Goose, ready to hiss and give you the stinkeye if you get too close.

Whew. I had a marathon editing day, and think I may have finished a first draft of the first Possumhaw Plant Electrics video, Radio Prairie. It is weird, weird, weird. I'm afraid I'm way too wiped out to tell you more.

I will tell you, though, that I walked along 245 to the cute little Post Office over near the Jim Beam distillery today (to mail off a DVD for an upcoming exhibition curated by Stamatina Gregory that I will tell you more about soon). On the way there someone revved his vintage muscle car at me, and on the way back 3 fellas in pickups asked me if I needed a ride somewhere (they all called me either "honey" or "darlin'".) I declined the offers but blew kisses to the muscle car. Who wouldn't?

As I got back to the cabin, I ran into Bernheim board member Bill Stone, who gave me a hug when I said I was the artist in residence, laughed at my story about all the guys in pickups offering me rides, and said he was goin' fishin' in the little pond at the bottom of the hill for the afternoon.

Well, that's all I've got for now. Sorry for the measly post.

No comments:

Post a Comment