Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Coming Up in Spring 2010: Moving Index, Science Fair, Made in Red Hook.


I have some shows coming up that I'm excited about and wanted to share with you.

First, Determining the Speed of Light , the first video in my and Eric's Fundamental Constants series, will be included in the May/June program of The Moving Index, which is an online exhibition produced by the Art Office (Los Angeles, CA). This upcoming Moving Index program is curated by New York based curator Stamatina Gregory.

Determining the Speed of Light will also be on display in a different format at Flux Factory (Long Island City, NY) from June 5-13 for the upcoming exhibition "Science Fair". Eric and I will be putting together an installation that includes the video as well our homemade Fizeau Apparatus and a schematic drawing. More info to come.

My video Balmy will be on exhibit at Lucky Gallery (Brooklyn, NY) from May 22 to June 13th for a show called Made in Red Hook. This exhibition will include two comic artists whose work I admire (and who live in my building!), L. Nichols and Joshua Ray Stephens.


Update! A few more things!

Three videos that were done in collaboration with experimental music duo Lurch and Holler will be on display at Videopolis at Metro Gallery in Baltimore, MD on Thursday, May 6.

I was invited to be a part of Bagasbas Beach International Eco Arts Festival in Daet, Camarines Norte, Philippines. May 30 - June 6. More info soon

The first two Fundamental Constants videos, several Timber videos, and about 6 drawings will be in a group show at Gallery Four in Baltimore, MD which opens May 15. More info soon.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome...congrats to you and Eric on getting your work seen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm really looking forward to getting the FC videos out into the world, and to continue with this series once I'm back!

    ReplyDelete