Friday, January 1, 2010

Crunchy in the middle.

This Christmas my dear sister gave everyone Scorpion lollies, which Eric documented quite nicely:


I must admit that they were utterly revolting. It was really creepy licking away the candy until my tongue was jabbed by little pincers protruding from the top of the lollipop, and it was even worse crunching through the little body, which tasted vaguely of bitter chemicals. Barf.

It was an adventure, though, and Eric and I ate our entire scorpions, just about (bless their little souls), whereas my dad just nibbled a pincer and my mom was "too full" to even taste her lolly. As it turns out, scorpion goes pretty well with white wine.

4 comments:

  1. Scorpion lollies...does't sound right. Perhaps lightly deep fried with assorted condiments on hand to season the crunch. Happy New Year to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, real scorpions, and yes, I agree that scorpion lollies are a terrible idea. Happy New Year to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess it's an acquired taste.

    ReplyDelete