Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Cricket Crawl, CONNECT and The Timber.

I wanted to quickly remind you all that the Cricket Crawl is taking place on the evening of September 11! So go and learn your 7 cricket and katydid calls in anticipation of this cool event.

Also, if you happen to live near Louisville, Kentucky, you might want to check out the CONNECT festival on September 12 at Bernheim Arboretum and Research Forest. I'm flying out to Louisville tomorrow and will be showing some work at the festival over the weekend. I think it's going to be great fun--hope to see you there. I'll also be figuring out the details of my residency at Bernheim while I'm visiting.

Right after my trip to Kentucky, I'll be heading out to Marshalltown, Iowa to visit the Ferguson Timber (for which my video series The Timber is named), a 700-acre forest preserve that has been in my family since 1853. I always love getting a chance to explore the Timber and see my interesting family members who live out in those parts.

I'll be back on September 23rd, but probably won't get a chance to update before then--so see you at the end of the month!

No comments:

Post a Comment