Saturday, August 22, 2009

Some pictures from Lisbon.

I realized today that I didn't really do Lisbon justice here on the blog, since after I returned I only described my trouble opening doors while there. So here are a few photos of the beautiful city.


During the four days I was visiting, I was overwhelmed by the friendliness of Lisbon in general, and specifically by the generosity of my friends Alfredo, Sandro and Filó, who went out of their way to make sure I had a great time. I got to see a LOT of night life, which I surely wouldn't have done on my own; I was brought to gallery openings and met tons of artists and curators; and dear Filó brought me to her friend Bruno's wonderful vegetarian restaurant Green Pepper, where I spent a memorable evening meeting tons of lovely people, laughing with the hilarious and delightful owner Bruno, and of course eating delicious food. I want to go back!


I'm hoping I'll be able to find some pictures of the exhibition at Pavilhao 28 (the reason I was in Lisbon) to post here. I sadly did not take any. The show was beautiful, and the space, which was a delapidated and then refurbished building on the campus of a mental hospital, had unbelievable character.

No comments:

Post a Comment