Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Terminal Boner.

Yesterday I completely spaced on the fact that it was Monday: and D, C and I traveled all the way up to the Met to find it closed. Whoops. It was fine--it gave me a chance to hear more about some of their recent and awesome projects, like Christine's work on the documentary Vincent P. Falk and His Amazing Technicolor Dream Coats, which just got an extensive write-up by Roger Ebert.

Last night Eric and I checked out the second Daylight Robbery show out in Greenpoint (at a tiny bar with disco lights and fog machine, which were utilized with glee by the sound guy during every performance) and had a really good time. It was a great show with 5 bands, including one called Fatal Erection (although a certain Daylight Robbery member introduced them as Terminal Boner after a little too much "riffing on the name." Teehee.)

(As an aside, Fatal Erection and/or Terminal Boner reminds me that when I was blogging about seed beetles the other day, I was thinking about what a sweet band name Torture Phallus would make... right?)

Lessons in the Sky tonight at Dia: at the Hispanic Society. Hope to see you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment