Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Shitty timing.

I am missing Day 1 of installation today because I am SICK, SICK, SICK. What a total bummer. I don't think it would be such a hot idea to spread around my germs at Art in General, though, so instead I'm going to stay home and wallow.

In the meantime, I'll send you over to Art in General's website, where you can read about my project The Timber, which will be on display in the first-floor project space; and The 8 Train by Josh Melnick, which will be on exhibit in the 6th floor space. Josh was kind enough to screen some of his work for me a few days ago, and it is absolutely stunning--his show is going to be really, really good.

(Update: As it turns out, drinking a fuckload of scotch is TOTALLY the way to cure your cold. I believe I may have learned this lesson from my dad.)

4 comments:

  1. It's a delicate balancing act - too little and symptoms persist, too much and you have a second set of symptoms. But if it's done just right, it's amazing isn't it? I might have used a different quantity descriptor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you think anyone is developing a quantum fuckload? Maybe we should talk to Brian about that. Right, the scotch remedy is a delicate balance! I think I got it just right, though--I learn from the best, Pop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm, defining the quanta in a fuckload would make you famous - like Avagadro.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let's pitch a contract for this project. Forget retirement! We have a fuckload to quant...ize? We'll be rich.

    ReplyDelete