Tuesday, April 21, 2009

On making HD plans and sending spiderlings to a new home.

I just today got a nice little (tiny, actually) Western Digital HD media player so that I can present my work at Art in General in high definition. We twiddled around with different formats and had a little trouble with audio here, with jumpy picture there, and finally found a good format to show the work in: H.264 compressed video, AAC compressed audio, MP4 container. It looks gorgeous. Really gorgeous. I'm so excited that I'll be showing these pieces at their full resolution--I think it'll make a big difference. I'll end up getting 4 of these players total for use with four monitors.

Now to finish up the last of these Timber videos! There are currently 10 completed videos, one more in the works that is all shot in a reflection on water, and I'd like to make at least one more beyond that. I think it would be kind of lovely to end up with 12 videos total--one for each month of the year that I've spent making these. Maybe that's a little precious, but I have to admit that I like the idea.

In the next couple of days I'm heading up to Chelsea to drop off a drawing to Daniel Cooney, who will be including the piece in his upcoming auction through iGavel in mid-May. I'm really excited about this, as it's the first time one of these new drawings is making it out into the world. Strangely appropriate that it's the drawing Babies, which shows a girl whose back is loaded with wolf spiderlings, and a little pack of spiderlings to her right that are sending out silk parachutes to find a new home. These drawings are my little wolf spiderlings... I hope Babies finds a wonderful home through the auction.

I'll post more info about the auction as it approaches.

No comments:

Post a Comment